Oldham has the highest Covid-19 infection rate in the country
Date published: 13 August 2020
Oldham now has the highest Covid 19 rate in the country
Oldham is now recording more daily coronavirus cases than at the height of the Coronavirus pandemic in April.
According to the latest data from Public Health England, there were 248 cases in the week ending August 9.
This equates to an infection rate of 108.8, which remains the highest in Greater Manchester.
Within the town, data shows that the Alexandra Park area recorded the highest case numbers in the country at 72 in the week to August 8th.
This was followed by Werneth with 43 confirmed cases.
Oldham’s infection rate currently stands at 108.8
Leicester recorded an infection rate of 135 when it was subject to a local lockdown by Health Secretary Matt Hancock in June.
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Families move into new FCHO affordable housing development in Royton
- 2Teenage gang car-jack woman at knife-point in Oldham
- 3Oldham sees highest daily new cases since start of pandemic
- 4Saddleworth School accused of 'cover-ups' after pupil is left with slashed face
- 5Calls for ‘targeted’ curfews at venues in high infection areas