Get your thinking caps on and help First Choice Homes Oldham name a new street in Alt!
Date published: 19 February 2021
FCHO has launched a competition to name a new street in Alt
First Choices Homes Oldham (FCHO) has launched a competition for local people to name a street at its new development off Cherry Avenue in the Alt neighbourhood and make their own piece of history.
The social landlord is transforming the plot off Cherry Avenue which was formerly vacant land.
In its place FCHO is building 35 much needed properties comprising 10 two-bedroom and 28 three-bedroom family homes.
It is also planning improvements to the surrounding area to benefit local people.
Work at the site is planned to begin in spring 2021 and the homes will be finished in August 2022.
The homes will be built by FCHO’s development partner, North-West based firm, Tyson Construction.
FCHO is looking for street name suggestions connected to the theme of trees and fruit, so they are in keeping with other street names in the neighbourhood.
The competition opens today and closes at 5pm on Friday, February 26, 2021.
The winner will name the new street and also win a Samsung tablet, donated by Tyson Construction.
All street names entered into the competition will be reviewed against the following criteria:
· Street names should be connected with the theme of trees and fruit
· Street names in the borough can’t be duplicated
· Street names should comply with Unity Partnership’s Guidelines for Naming Streets
Anyone from Oldham can enter the competition.
There are three ways to enter:
· Online using the entry form on the FCHO website at: www.fcho.co.uk/streetname]www.fcho.co.uk/streetname
· Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with your competition entry, name, address, contact phone number and age
· Call the Contact Centre on 0161 393 7117
Joel Owen, Development Director at FCHO, said: “The development off Cherry Ave will create more high quality, modern, affordable new homes for people in Oldham and supports our commitment to invest £160m and build 850 new homes over the next six years.
“Naming the new street at our Cherry Avenue development is your chance to make your mark in your neighbourhood’s history and we want as many people in the local community as possible to get involved.”
Once the competition has closed, entries will be shortlisted before a judging panel selects the winning street name.
Judges will include Alt resident and FCHO customer, Donna Brindle; Councillor, Jenny Harrison; and representatives from FCHO.
The panel will ensure the entries meet Unity Partnership’s street naming requirements.
The competition winner will be announced in March, 2021.
For more information and full terms and conditions visit: www.fcho.co.uk/streetname
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing email@example.com , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Covid breaches across Greater Manchester include weddings and "barber shops in garden sheds"
- 2Extra Coronavirus testing processing arrives in Oldham
- 3‘Deserted’ 170-year-old mill to be demolished and replaced with shops and flats
- 4Oldham trio charged following Op Foam raids
- 5‘Bizarre complaints’ over Covid-19 grants