Investigation launched after woman's body found in Bardsley
Date published: 04 March 2021
The body of a woman has been discovered in a house in Bardsley.
Police are investigating after officers were called to a property on Bardsley Vale Avenue in Bardsley this afternoon.
It's understood Greater Manchester Police were called around lunchtime today to reports of a concern for the welfare of a woman.
Emergency services attended the address, a woman was pronounced dead at the scene.
A police cordon is currently in place on the street.
The nature of the death has not been confirmed.
A spokesman for GMP said: "Officers were called just after 12.15pm today (4 March 2021) to a report of concern for the welfare of a woman.
"Emergency services attended and a woman was sadly pronounced dead at the scene.
"Detectives are at the scene and an investigation is underway."
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Plans for 160 homes to be decided by councillors
- 2‘All I needed was a chance’: The former ‘speed’ addict who used lockdown to turn her life around
- 3Dogs Trust’s longest term resident hopes to find love as lockdown lifts
- 4Man who fled after crashing his car into a wall is jailed
- 5NHS staff at the Royal Oldham Hospital hit with parking fines from private company