Man charged with murder of woman in Oldham
Date published: 06 May 2021
Police were called to reports of a concern for welfare of a woman on Hillside Avenue
A man has been charged with the murder of a woman in Shaw on Tuesday (4 May 2021).
Stephen Booth, 63, of Churchfields, Audenshaw has been charged with the murder of a 62-year-old woman from Oldham.
He has been remanded in custody pending a court appearance today (6 May 2021) at Manchester Crown Court.
Emergency services attended an address on Hillside Avenue in Shaw on Tuesday and found a woman outside of a property with serious injuries.
She was taken to hospital, where she died a short time later.
Greater Manchester Victims' Services provide emotional and practical support to anyone affected by crime and are a confidential service.
The service can be contacted by visiting the website on www.gmvictims.org.uk or calling 0161 200 1950.
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing email@example.com , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1There's no mountain high enough for Oldham family fundraising after dad’s brain tumour diagnosis
- 2Councillor fears Alexandra Park could become a 'no-go area'
- 3Courageous Imran says thanks to his hero rescuers with a tasty curry
- 4Teenager fined and disqualified from driving
- 5Charlie Elms death - do you recognise this man?