Sixth charge in relation to death of Charlie Elms in Limeside
Date published: 11 June 2021
Charlie Elms was fatally stabbed in Limeside
Detectives from Greater Manchester Police's Major Incident Team have charged a sixth person following the death of Charlie Elms in Limeside last month.
A 16-year-old boy from Chadderton has been charged with one count of violent disorder and a second count of possession of an offensive weapon.
He is due to appear at Manchester Magistrates' Court today (Friday).
Police were called shortly after 5.05pm on Wednesday, May 26, 2021 to a report of a disturbance involving a group of men causing damage to a property on Fifth Avenue.
During the disturbance, 25-year-old Charlie Elms was fatally injured and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing email@example.com , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1There's no mountain high enough for Oldham family fundraising after dad’s brain tumour diagnosis
- 2GP tells Oldham's men - “don’t wait, let’s check out that prostate”
- 3Controversial plans for homeless hostel get green light
- 4Dealer jailed after drugs for sale were found in his kitchen
- 5Oldham man among three charged following cocaine conspiracy investigation raids