Sixth charge in relation to death of Charlie Elms in Limeside
Date published: 11 June 2021
Charlie Elms was fatally stabbed in Limeside
Detectives from Greater Manchester Police's Major Incident Team have charged a sixth person following the death of Charlie Elms in Limeside last month.
A 16-year-old boy from Chadderton has been charged with one count of violent disorder and a second count of possession of an offensive weapon.
He is due to appear at Manchester Magistrates' Court today (Friday).
Police were called shortly after 5.05pm on Wednesday, May 26, 2021 to a report of a disturbance involving a group of men causing damage to a property on Fifth Avenue.
During the disturbance, 25-year-old Charlie Elms was fatally injured and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man suffers 'serious' injuries after being struck by a car on the A627M
- 2Children's TV star Olivia shines a light on Royton nursery
- 3Public transport holding region back from being ‘world class’ – Burnham
- 4Man charged following kitchen knife incident in Ashton
- 5Man caged for death by dangerous driving after a woman was killed in a 'catastrophic' collision