Seventh charge in relation to death of Charlie Elms in Limeside
Date published: 14 June 2021
Charlie Elms was fatally stabbed in Limeside
Detectives from Greater Manchester Police's Major Incident Team have charged a seventh person following the death of Charlie Elms in Limeside in May.
A 17-year-old boy from Oldham was arrested on Friday (June 11), and has been charged with murder and violent disorder.
He appeared at Manchester Magistrates' Court on Saturday morning and was remanded into custody to appear at Manchester Crown Court (Minshull Street).
Police were called shortly after 5.05pm on Wednesday, May 26, to a report of a disturbance involving a group of men causing damage to a property on Fifth Avenue.
During the disturbance, 25-year-old Charlie Elms was fatally injured and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing email@example.com , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Oldham team £2.9m cannabis seizure - man due in court
- 2Popular Yanks weekend event is cancelled due to lack of funding
- 3Huge new secondary school approved in town centre
- 4MP advises summer school participants ‘don’t change to suit other people'
- 5Music fanatics lap up Mom's Spaghetti radio station's spectacular launch party