Oldham's Mayor goes fishing!
Reporter: Ken Bennett
Date published: 05 September 2021
The Mayor pictured at the Accessible Fishing session at Alexandra Park Lake
Oldham’s Mayor Cllr Jenny Harrison, and her consort, Cllr Shaid Mushtaq, went fishing with youngsters and families at an Accessible Fishing session at Alexandra Park Lake.
The event is one of the latest projects organised by PointSend, an Oldham charity providing support and activities for families and children with additional needs.
Said the Mayor: ”One mother told us her son with ADHD will rarely keep still for more than a few minutes but, at these sessions, he'll sit for long periods concentrating on fishing.
"The young people receive expert help and support to develop their skills.”
PointSend are hoping to extend the provision next year.
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Back with a roar! Oldham pub renamed Bear on the Hill after £100k facelift
- 2Plans for £7m housing estate approved despite residents’ concerns
- 3Protestors make their voices heard ahead of Latics stalemate
- 4Man who fled after causing the death a taxi driver has been jailed
- 5MP raises a stink over blocked drains