Investigation following racially aggravated language at Boundary Park
Date published: 02 November 2021
The man was ejacted from the ground by officials
Police are investigating after players were racially abused at Boundary Park.
A man was ejected from the ground during Saturday's fixture against Swindon Town for using "racially aggravated language" towards players.
A statement from Oldham Athletic said: "Any form of discriminatory behaviour will not be tolerated and the club take allegations of racism seriously, working closely with Greater Manchester Police to ensure this type of behaviour is stamped out.
"We would like to thank those who alerted club officials by reporting the incident and would urge others who may be able to help to come forward as investigations continue.
"The message is still clear – prejudice and abuse – whether in the street, in the stadium or online has no place in society - and we will not accept it."
To report abuse or discrimination at Boundary Park, or any other ground, you can visit Kick It Out by clicking here.
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Big names released by Latics
- 2The full list of Platinum Jubilee street parties and events to be held in Oldham
- 3Inspection uncovered dead cockroaches throughout Failsworth takeaway
- 4Public urged to think carefully before attending the Royal Oldham A&E department as staff deal with...
- 5Hard choices lie ahead for the historic St Chads Church Uppermill