Businesses urged not to miss out on Covid Relief Fund
Date published: 16 March 2022
The scheme closes at the end of March
Businesses in Oldham are being urged not to miss out on funding from a scheme which could pay up to 100% of their business rates bill.
The Covid-19 Additional Relief Fund (CARF) has been launched to support businesses impacted by coronavirus but who have not been eligible for previous Business Rates related support schemes.
Oldham Council was allocated £4.2 million to distribute to Oldham businesses.
Cllr Abdul Jabbar, Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member for Finance and Low Carbon, said: “We want to get 100% of the grant into the hands of local businesses.
“It’s here to support you after a difficult two years so if you think you could be eligible, please apply as soon as possible.
“The CARF is open to a wide range of sectors so if your business has been hit hard by the pandemic and has had difficulty adapting, please visit the website for more details. But please hurry, the scheme closes on 31 March 2022, so the sooner you apply, the quicker we can help you.”
Awards of Business Rates relief will be made towards a business’s 2021/22 rates bill. If the award of a relief puts the rate account into credit, the credit could be used to offset any other outstanding business rates liability, or the 2022/23 business rates bill. Alternatively, the council will be able to provide a refund of the credit.
Businesses must be able to provide evidence of how they have been adversely affected by Covid-19, for example:
- Accounts showing turnover before the pandemic and currently
- Bank statements showing business activity before the pandemic and now
The following property types are not eligible as they have previously been eligible for rate relief through other support schemes:
- shops, restaurants, cafes, drinking establishments, cinemas and live music venues
- those used for assembly and leisure
- hotels, guest and boarding premises and self-catering accommodation
Businesses who think they could be eligible are being encouraged to apply now here www.oldham.gov.uk/carf
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Purchase of Latics AND Boundary Park agreed
- 2Oldham man jailed after admitting killing Tamby Dowling
- 3Latics fans rejoice at news of impending takeover
- 4Oldham CSE Investigation: McMahon concerned about the 'undermining' of the report
- 5Middleton’s oldest surviving mill to be restored and converted into apartments with new commercial...