Latics' home game against Exeter frozen off
Date published: 12 February 2021
The Boundary Park pitch is currently frozen
Latics' scheduled home League Two match against Exeter City tomorrow (Saturday) has been postponed due to a frozen Boundary Park pitch.
An inspection took place earlier this morning, where it was decided that the pitch didn't look as though it would significantly recover following days of plummeting temperatures.
Another night of below-zero temperatures is in prospect tonight.
Latics have now lost two consecutive fixtures to the weather, following the postponement of last Saturday's trip to Scunthorpe.
Their last game was the 2-1 home win against Salford City on January 30.
Latics' will return to League Two action on Tuesday (February 16) when they are due to travel to Forest Green.
The rearranged date of the Exeter City home fixture is now Tuesday, March 23, with a 7pm kick-off.
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing email@example.com , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Covid breaches across Greater Manchester include weddings and "barber shops in garden sheds"
- 2‘Deserted’ 170-year-old mill to be demolished and replaced with shops and flats
- 3Extra Coronavirus testing processing arrives in Oldham
- 4Oldham trio charged following Op Foam raids
- 5‘Bizarre complaints’ over Covid-19 grants