Pothole complaints nosedive
Reporter: Jacob Metcalf
Date published: 10 November 2016
Potholes awaiting repair on Oldham’s roads.
REPORTS of potholes in the borough are falling as Oldham tries to climb down from the pinnacle of the pothole league of shame.
Oldham Council have received a sharp drop in notifications regarding potholes in the borough as they received 2,293 complaints in 2015/16.
The figures came at last night's council meeting after Cllr Dave Murphy expressed concerns about Oldham being named the worst area in Greater Manchester for the amount of potholes in the borough as they received 3,594 complaints in 2014/15.
Cllr Fida Hussain said the significant drop showed progress. Cllr Murphy had cited that being the pothole capital of Greater Manchester was an accolade that nobody wanted.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Boy arrested in connection with Chadderton carjacking
- 2Manhunt after 79-year-old suffers serious head injuries in 'shocking' Hollinwood car theft
- 3Twelve 'selfish' residents prosecuted for blighting our Borough
- 4Met Office warning as cold weather is about to bite
- 5Witnesses sought after 'coward' leaves Beryl with serious injuries