Boy’s foot trapped in escalator
Date published: 10 December 2013
A YOUNG boy had a lucky escape when he got his foot trapped in an escalator in The Spindles yesterday.
Fire-fighters from Oldham and a rescue unit from Ashton cut off th child’s shoe and removed the safety brushes at the side of the escalator to free his foot in an operation lasting around 10 minutes.
Watch commander Phil Courtnell said: ”He had a soft canvas shoe on and somehow his foot had gone down the side of the escalator.
“The lad put on a brave face. He was close to panicking, but his grandmother managed to keep him calm.
“He was surprised when he saw all his foot was still intact. His foot was pinched and bruised.”
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1A&E department at The Royal Oldham Hospital get SCAPE accreditation
- 2More security on Metrolink welcomed - as Bomb Squad have to stop services.
- 3Key Saddleworth Link road closure for Winter
- 4Police Officers investigated over death of Oldham man
- 5Latics see return of defender David Wheater ahead of Exeter City game