Key Uppermill road closed
Reporter: Ken Bennett
Date published: 01 June 2020
Church Road has been closed from Pickhill to Wellmeadow, and also a bridge spanning the bridle path is blocked
Oldham Council engineers are due to make a full examination today (Monday) after the closure of a key Uppermill road.
Church Road has been closed from Pickhill to Wellmeadow, and also a bridge spanning the bridle path is blocked.
A cracked sewer may be involved.
Locals warn of problems as schools returned today.
Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in and around Oldham? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org , calling our Oldham-based newsroom on 0161 633 2121 , tweeting us @oldhamchronicle or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1‘This is why Oldham has got such a bad name’ – councillors defer controversial planning application
- 2Tower blocks could be demolished for modern new homes
- 3Akkas shares 72nd birthday feast with NHS workers, TV stars and other grateful guests
- 4Oldham murder attempts - man charged
- 5New plans submitted to transform Egyptian Rooms in Old Town Hall